Minimal Data Collection Policy
We go to great lengths to collect as little information about you as possible. The way we designed Stornest is just one example of how we put privacy first. Stornest alerts you to vulnerabilities on the sites you use. Instead of sending a list of your used websites to the server, Stornest downloads the full vulnerability list to your device and checks your logins locally, keeping your data completely private.
Privacy at Stornest: How We Store (or don’t store) Your Data
For sake of clarity we need to define a few categories and define them. “Service Data” includes access from devices, info on ISP and OS, email addresses of account holders, referred introduced members, and Beneficiaries, images and photos, icons. All these must be stored on our servers for practical purpose.
“Personal Data” refers to Vaults, documents, passwords and secret keys that are never known (as they are fully encrypted) and are never stored on our servers. These will always only be accessible to account holders.
Your stored documents and items
Your stored documents and items are fully encrypted in your Stornest account and stored on our servers. None of this information is accessible to us in any way.
Your password is never transmitted to the server. We do not know it and we cannot reveal, reset or recover it.
Along with your account name and domain, we also store the names and email addresses of additional members (Beneficiaries and Third party) introduced by you. This allows us to send out notifications.
When you authenticate a device with Stornest, its name, OS and user agent are stored unencrypted. This enables our customer service to assist you quickly.
The icons available are downloaded from our servers. We do not log or store any information about the icons that you are using
1. Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information in order to provide Services to you, including:
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us or register for events, webinars, surveys, etc. and may include, first and last name, billing information, a password, and a valid email address.
Service Data (Including Session and Usage Data): When you use our Services, we receive information generated through the use of the Services with you (e.g.: schedules, attendee info, etc), or from the Service infrastructure itself, (e.g.: duration of the session, use of webcams, connection information, etc.). We may also collect usage and log data about how the services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services.
Third Party Data: : We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are part of our corporate group. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting the service and for fraud prevention and security monitoring. If you wish to opt-out of the collection and use of your collection information, you may do so by tuning it off on your device settings.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
Blue Solace may access (which may include, with your consent, limited viewing or listening) and use the Service Data we collect as necessary a) to provide and maintain the Services; b) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues, c) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, and customer support issues; d) as required by law; e) to fulfil our contracts; f) to improve and enhance the Services; g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our Customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and administer your account
- Send you an order confirmation
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered
- Asses the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send your product updates, marketing communication, and service information
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interest
- Analyse data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience
- Provide you information about your use of the services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements
- Market services of our third-party business partners
Blue Solace also collects and stores meeting attendee information in order to fulfil our obligation to our customers and provide the Services. With their consent, we may also directly provide product and other Blue Solace related information. Blue Solace will retain your information for as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or for us to stop providing you services, or if we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or inactivated, please contact us here.
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
Stornest is continuously improving its websites and products through the use of third part analytic tools and third parties’ software that help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data
Stornest may utilize precise Geolocation data but only if visitors of Stornest’s website specifically opt-in to collection of that data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations of our visitors. The web beacons used in connection with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for services on Stornest’s website.
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” section of Google’s Terms and Conditions. You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest based-based ads on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads.
We give you as a subscriber to Stornest services the option to sign into their Google Drive accounts through Stornest’s web application using the Google Drive API in Google AUTH Windows. Google Windows functions are then used to list the items that our subscribers have on the Google Drive account. Through this interface you may select and upload the files which are stored on Google Drive to our service. The activity can only be triggered by you though your own interface. Your data stored on Google data will only be read with your prior consent and at some specific conditions and only after your specific action (after you have selected and manually uploaded the content)
4. Information Sharing
Ensuring your privacy is important to us. We do not share your Service Data with third parties except as described in this privacy section. We may share your personal information with a) third party service providers; b) business partners, c) affiliated companies within our corporate structure and d) as needed for legal purposes.
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose your Service Data for legal reasons may include:
- As part of sale or merger where all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid subpoena, claims, summons or other legal process in any jurisdiction; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your Service Data to any third party with your prior consent.
Blue Solace may need to communicate with you for a variety of reasons, including,
- Verifying if you are alive before activating the procedure under the Service
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you Service related and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform about changes in our Service offering, and important Service related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about Blue Solace that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each link.
- Surveys – We may use the information gathered in surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services and websites
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
Blue Solace follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, however, no security measure is perfect. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your Master Password, you may lose control over your personal information.
7. Changes to this Statement/Contact Us